Hogtown Garrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons

4 posters

Go down

The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons Empty The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons

Post by p40k_fowler Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 pm

"We have shown brutal gods their own limits. Shattered, they now the genuflect at our passing knowing that our brutality was learned at their feet. But cruelty is the lesson we have taught ourselves."
-Phraeon Hanleck the Amaranthine

So, it's taken about 15 years as a loyal Imperial solider, but resolve has faltered and my spirit is weak.
I'm doing a xenos army.  

I've chosen Necrons because I simply love the "new" range and I actually really like how they've been re-fluffed. I still remember when the 3rd edition codex dropped for these guys. I just loved the "we'll be back" mechanic and how they seemed to be an unknowable horror. Sure, they're a little less mysterious now, but at least they can have characters.
I also wanted to try out a bone colour scheme on something and the idea of doing Dark Angels was right out. I've painted enough power armour to last me a few years at least.

Before The Great Sleep, Uthreka was a client dynasty of shifting alliances, a station which had always chaffed Overlord Hanleck the Amaranthine. His proud warriors would serve for the glory of others, while he was parcelled some small star system, the Adumbrals, to play lord over. His potential wasted, Hanleck grew to despise the mercenary nature of the Uthreka Dynasty.
After a timeless slumber, the Uthreka stirred and awoke. First, the Overlord bitterly tossed aside the yoke of servitude and then set about setting the Adumbral system ablaze so that he could then contentedly rule over a kingdom of ashes.
But on sitting on The Smouldering Throne, ambition crept into Hanleck. Independence was not enough for his dynasty. The galaxy had changed in the eons of wakelessness, and so too must he, Hanleck reasoned. And so too must he rule.

So here are a few shots of my colour scheme and what I've got completed thus far. You'll get more fluff as I finish models.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 15639732613_2b3946ea4d
This is the first member of the Royal Court, known as the Lecter court amongst the Uthreka. I figure she will have been Hanleck's bride or betrothed before the Unfleshing stuck all the Necrontyr into their chrome domes we know and love today.

Then of course the warriors.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16257809501_c2a9708da8_c
I want the warriors (and eventually the Immortals and the like) to be chipped and corroded.  
Here's a close up, just to be more clear. Also, you can see that I actually picked out the eyes in the shot below.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16258805662_60500e3bb1_c

And lastly, some of my favourites, Scarabs.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 15639732043_32f597b736_c
I knew I had to use a mix of the Forge World ones once I saw them.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16259632825_3650ed25c3_z

So guys, I've got some fun things planned to share with you. Let me know what you all think and wish me luck.
p40k_fowler
p40k_fowler
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons Empty Re: The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons

Post by p40k_fowler Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:02 pm

First up is a shot of a finished squad of warriors. You can see the odd base out. I used pigment washes and I tried to get a dusty, orange-red earth on it. Ultimately, I think I succeeded, but given how much work it was to get it there, I opted to use a quick drybrush of reds and then oranges to give that Mars red earth you can see on the other bases.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 15707534724_12a893581f_b
I also gave them a once over with a little red and brown weathering pigment. That paired very nicely with the chipping effect, I think.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16142387198_4d97c49bd4
Spooky, right?

Then, the scarabs were finished this weekend too. I love how the mix of FW and GW robo-bugs look. I figure that the two-eyed ones, with their more advanced binocular vision, would function as the spotters of the swarm while the cyclopean ones bring to bear the more destructive capabilities of the swarm.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16142576710_48abe57907_c
I did discover that if you're going to make a unit of scarabs, you ought to complete the bases before you put the little blighters on it.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16142386288_445919e8b8_c
I haven't gotten around to applying a little powder to these guys, but I think I will have to use a light touch on such a small model.

Also, when I was doing my photo shoot, I grabbed a quick snap of the first completed lord. I'll likely hold off on purchasing any more HQ units until I see then new book, but until then have a look.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16144082667_9db5d05690
I'm not sure if I'll apply the chipping effect to the Lord. Any feed back would be welcomed.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16329094442_e997671b74
This model also has the same pigtment-wash base.
p40k_fowler
p40k_fowler
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons Empty Re: The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons

Post by p40k_fowler Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm

So I've been busy.
Firstly, the Tesseract Ark is finished.
Considered one of the Crown Jewels of Uthreka, The Broken Sun is one of the most potent weapons that Phraeon Hanleck is able to bring to bear. Using a portion of a shattered star as a power source, this ark has rent the war machines and fortifications of all those that oppose Hanleck for thousands of years.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16378720518_50c9e43214_c
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16566405255_9ff6e8375a_c

The next unit I finished this week was a five skeleton unit of Immortals. I've got 5 more on the way.
In the countless ages past, Hanleck's Immortals have been his bloody hand, reaching out and crushing the throat of his rivals. Being the first of their old alliances to stir, they took up their charge again, and turned their arms against the Dynasties that would see Uthreka subjugated. Overlords of unheard of power died in the dreams of eons. Their names but dust blown to nothingness by Hanleck's ambition.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16380095119_07f860235a_c

Given the newly awakened ruthlessness in Uthreka's Phraeon, the Triarch saw fit to dispatch a battalion of Praetorians, led by Enforcer Nemis, to ensure that the order of Silent King is maintained. The emissaries were met with a chilly reception, though with all the pageantry and respect such distinguished guests demand. While Hanleck feels no fealty to the Silent King, even he cannot deny the fearsome effectiveness of the Tirarch's finest.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16565273542_4718b7f4f9_c

That's in for now. Let me know what you guys think.
p40k_fowler
p40k_fowler
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 am

Holy butts dude those look fantastic! I'll post up what I have painted for my Salamanders successor chapter when I get a chance.

Noticed you usually play at Meeple, pretty sure we all do as well. Always down to play new armies, let me know if you ever want to get a game in, I normally play up to 1850 of chaos with daemon allies.
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambone Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:15 am

These look great, fantastic fluff. Can't wait to kill them Laughing

Gonna have to do up a gallery of my orks soon
Cambone
Cambone
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:04 am

This stuff rules. Amazing scheme. Love the fluff as well. As a fellow imperial player who has also recently broken and turned to non imperial armour I think feel your pain/enthusiasm.

Are you workin towards a certain points level or list at the moment?
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

https://hogtowngarrison.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p40k_fowler Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks guys.
I am working towards ~2000.
I'll post my list here soonish.
Eventually, if the rumours are true, I'm going to add some Ad Mech when they're dropped as allies. I like the idea of a shifty Tech-Magos lured by the idea of FORBIDDEN TECHNOLOGY.

Austere in his finery, Phaeron Hanleck the Amaranthine is efficiently brutal in his pursuit of own greatness. This efficiency also informs the manner in which the Uthreka Dynasty conducts war, vicious and precise strikes destroy communications arrays and supply-lines before isolated pockets of foes are surrounded and eliminated.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16564727331_12d91b1ea9_c
As Phaeron of Uthreka, Hanleck wields the Possible Blade -- a warscythe fitted with a possibility engine. This device alters probability in such a way that every possible strike that could have ever been made by Hanleck with this blade, is, to some degree or another, real. Armour is torn asunder in a blur of metallic sweeps and bodies are pulped with horrifying violence.
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16566405755_218e4ca13d_z
The Uthreka Dynasty - p40k_fowler's Necrons 16378930580_e701fc26fa_c
Upon waking, Hanleck quickly gave the order to grind the Overlords of his former masters to dust. He then set the Crypteks loyal to him to the task of reprogramming the still slumbering Necrons to be assimilated into the ranks of the Uthreka, to both speed the expansion into the galaxy and to ensure the names of those that would make Hanleck knee were consumed by the hungry eons.
p40k_fowler
p40k_fowler
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Awesome stuff. Really digging the basing. Is that cork?
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

https://hogtowngarrison.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p40k_fowler Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 pm

A little for Hanleck up there and the Tesseract Ark.
I use some gravel and sand mostly for these guys.
p40k_fowler
p40k_fowler
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum