Hogtown Garrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Empty SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures

Post by SpacePlans Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:32 pm

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures TAhVPC5

Last edited by SpacePlans on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Empty Re: SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures

Post by NTaW Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Almost looks like you're painting some old-school Blood Angels with that lighting! Oh, lascannon squads with tank hunter...how you destroy things.
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Empty Re: SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures

Post by SpacePlans Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:10 pm

ha. True. 90's era "Blood angel red" paint used to be very orange-y. That was my first army when i was 12.
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Ah yes my friend! I know it well. Let me see here...

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures 19277667662_084ee3cab0_n

Still good to this day XD

Get some more pictures up already! I wish to bask in the glory of your colour choices.
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 am

haha thanks man.

I've also been working on my terminator captain. He can't compete with Decay's conversion of the same model, but here he is.

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures ZwWOO7g
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:58 am

Nice! Awesome sword, love that model
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Loving that crispness. That's what I wanted my Librarians sword to look like! Must update....
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 am

Thanks guys. I was inspired by the way GW painted up the skittari power swords in an issue of white dwarf- the colour gradient from bright coloured at the hilt to black at the tip. Then add lightning to taste
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Rocket launcher dudes

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures AKLKWgw

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures 8vTXdKY

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures MjYBcVA
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 pm

I really like the blue on the missiles, not quite sure why. Crisp paint jobs as usual man!
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks! Eventually I want to add weathering effects. I'd like to get away from the cartoonish look... which is hard with orange Very Happy
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:19 pm

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures P3cVwZu

I tried out a Librarian Enclave for the first time. But I was up against Guin's Seer Council -the best psychic unit in the game, I would say. Here is the blustery psychic battle before the council chewed through my Dreadknight with poison attacks.
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshal Franz Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:52 pm

SpacePlans wrote:Thanks! Eventually I want to add weathering effects. I'd like to get away from the cartoonish look... which is hard with orange Very Happy

I had the same problem with my orks as they were yellow. What I do for that is add typhus corrosion (mostly and boots and legs) but only small amounts as it is easy to add more. For chipping effect I use abbadon black then runefang steel on top of the desired area.
Marshal Franz
Marshal Franz
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks for the tips, Franz. I found the black and runefang to be a bit too stark on the armour, for chipping, but I'm still experimenting. On my Predator, I found just straight up silver looks pretty nice... I should get a pic of that model up, since it's probably not going to be on the tabletop any time soon, TBH Smile
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Have you moved away from loving your Predator? They're handy tanks, but then again....infantry is nice too.
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:29 pm

There is just so many other IF heavy support options I have which are better- namely the TFC and multiple tank hunting Dev squads. Front armour 13 doesn't help when someone invariably walks up to it with a powerfist/claw/hammer
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Predators make great Rhinos I hear (mine gets used as such) Laughing
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:27 pm

You've caught on to my plan Smile Looks like I'm getting a bunch of your stuff. I have a bunch of scattered bits with blood angels insignia... I'll post up a photo in the bits thread for your consideration
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:06 am

Until I figure out how to use them, my Grey Knight Purifiers job will be to arrive and be promptly slaughtered by an angry horde.

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Q0aagfX

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Rn0IK8W
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:08 am

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures IEqXvDe

Last edited by SpacePlans on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:14 am

My favourite shot from a 2500 point battle with Nick. Wish my techmarine with conversion beamer was fully painted and that the quad gun faced toward that menacing Fire Raptor. The quad gun would go on to blow that thing out of the sky in one shot, leading Nick to immediately regret not jinking Smile

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures 0wnzQpD

Last edited by SpacePlans on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:19 am

The IF gunline, as it now stands... behind an aegis defense line

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures BONRKb9

Last edited by SpacePlans on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am

New WIP Knight !

SpacePlans Showcase/WIP/game pictures Ei3IFxt
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:35 am

LOL in the background you can see Nick's knight going after my Terminators while my knight is finishing off Nick's Terminators Smile What a mirror match!
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Loving the action shots man. Game on!!
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next