Hogtown Garrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thread

+10
TheDecay
Marshal Franz
Magos Frode
NTaW
KVLT
Guin
Cambone
SpacePlans
waaaghgamerjay
PPS1981
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Game Thread Empty Game Thread

Post by KVLT Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:55 am

The Doom of the Marian Gulf

Game Thread 8UeN41e

Here we are. The campaign for the fate of the Marian Gulf systems has begun. If you are a new player interested in joining, or just need a refresher, you can download the campaign rules packet here. The Faction rosters for this campaign are as follows:

The Chaos Incursion & Xenos Mercenaries
KVLT – Chaos Space Marines
Cambone – Orks
PPS1981 – Chaos Space Marines/Daemons
Khyre – Chaos Space Marines
My Emperor is a Vegetable – Tyranids
WaaaghGamerJay – Chaos Space Marines/Daemons

The Imperial Crusade & Co-Belligerents
NTaW – Blood Angels
TheDecay – Space Marines
Marshal Franz – Space Marines
SpacePlans – Space Marines/Grey Knights
Magos Frode – Adeptus Mechanicus/Space Wolves
Counterwave - Tau
Guin - Eldar

Once these players decide on a Warmaster for each team, their respective Faction forums will be set up (with each Warmaster as a moderator) that will be private to that faction so that they can talk tactics. After that, we will begin Turn 1!

Game Thread Untitl10

General Rules

Because of how successful the list building rules for the recent tournament at Dueling Grounds was, I’d like to use them for the campaign as well. However, since this is a narrative exercise, it’d suck to discount certain ‘crazier’ lists as the main goal for the campaign is fun, interesting games. To that end please keep in mind that the following (while fine) require your opponent’s permission before hitting the table:

Gargantuan MCs/Superheavy Vehicles
More than 2 fliers
Crazy unbound lists (you know what I mean)

Anyone should be able to show up to a game with the knowledge that their TAC list has a good chance if they play well. With that said, if two players want to forge the narrative out of three knight titans breaking through the walls of a Hive City while defenders scramble to stop them, then forge it up.

Game Thread Untitl11

Please feel free to use this thread to talk shop and whatever. Updates will be posted here and all team orders and info for their turns should be posted here also.

Finally, here is the state of the Marian Gulf on Turn 0 as recorded by Imperial Cartography.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/14/62/63/maptur12.jpg

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

https://hogtowngarrison.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Thread Empty Re: Game Thread

Post by TheDecay Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Sweet!
If no one else is up for it, I can be the moderator for the Imperial side.
I don't really mind and I always have free time while I'm at work all week to peruse the forums and talk shop during the day with people.
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Chaos Gate! Sweet Emperor!
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS1981 Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Sounds wicked!

Quick question for everyone. My base chaos list has three flyers in it. Two hell blades (AV 10, 2 HP each) and a demon prince with wings.

I'd like to know if people will have an issue with that generally. I have a lot of painting to do and not enough time to do it. As such, I prefer not to focus on painting stuff that I am not going to be able to play with.

Thanks!
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:56 pm

I'm sure most people will be fine with it. Since the campaign has no fixed points scale and battles are determined wholly by the two players goin at it (like any pick up game) the permission guidelines are mostly there to protect players with limited model collections who may simply not have the tools yet to have a good quality game against tons of flyers or a super heavy. The goal is to have a variety of games for us to play that could range from super competetive to ultra fluffy games that are all equally valuable to the course of the campaign. As long as both players are clear, anything goes really.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS1981 Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Makes sense. Thanks.

Are you thinking of being the warmaster for the chaos/xenos faction? If yes you have my vote.
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:03 pm

While I'd gladly do it if no one steps forward, since I'm doing the updates and stuff I'd like to give someone else a chance if they'd want to give it a shot. I'm easy though.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 am

PPS1981 wrote:My base chaos list has three flyers in it. Two hell blades (AV 10, 2 HP each) and a demon prince with wings.

I for one would relish the opportunity to shoot your fliers out of the sky.
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 am

You've got me listed as orks and that's fine since they're my main army. I've been putting a lot of work into my Nurgle lately though and would like to get some games in with them. Is it cool if I change to chaos?
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:10 am

waaaghgamerjay wrote:You've got me listed as orks and that's fine since they're my main army. I've been putting a lot of work into my Nurgle lately though and would like to get some games in with them. Is it cool if I change to chaos?

Oh for sure! Sorry about that. Didn't know you wanted to use them. I'll fix it right away.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks buddy.
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm

Ok, if everything is cool I'll try to post the turn 0 update tonight so teams can start decidin how many muster points they'd like to bid for first turn and we can get the ball rolling.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Thread Empty Update 0

Post by KVLT Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 pm

++Update 0 - 863.M41-882.M41++

Far to the galactic east, just outside the battlegrounds that make up the reaches of Imperial space bordering the Eye of Terror lies a cluster of systems known as the Marian Gulf. Caught between the unceasing warfare of the Eye and the campaigns of the Gothic Sector, the Marian systems have been an important source of supplies and material for millennia, fueling both of these violent and unrelenting warzones for the Imperium of Man.

The Marian Gulf is rich in production, boasting plentiful Agri-worlds to feed the millions of the Emperor’s Imperial Guard. Great war-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus are churned out with religious reverence from the Gulf’s Forgeworlds to fight for the Imperium on all its far off battlefields. Indeed, the Gulf has proven vital to ensuring that both Cadia and the Gothic Fleets continue to maintain combat effectiveness and beat back the storm of Mankind’s enemies.

Daily the Marian Systems receive billions of requisitions and orders from the Munitorum, shuffling goods, human beings and hardware through an unfathomable network of ship departures, relief convoys and every possible request crisscrossing the dense sector of space like a spider-web. In 863.M41 however, the Munitorum stopped receiving confirmation communiques. Their agents and depot-lords would make no reply to astropathic hails. Imperial Governors, Lord-Generals, all seemed to ignore communication from every office of Imperial command.

The Marian Gulf had gone dark.

Scout Fleets of the Imperial Navy undertook reconnaissance in force into the sub-sector. Many feared that rebellions against the local Governors may have paralyzed the Gulf and that the worlds would merely require a show of force to be brought back to heel. None of the Imperial Navy ships returned.

Slowly, astropathic voices echoed over the void like vengeful ghosts. Imperial listening station crews collapsed on their decks, convulsing and babbling about visions of hive cities set ablaze in ethereal flame as men offered their loved ones to dark gods in rituals of violence. For years, the haunting wails of the dying sector tore at Imperial space. The High Lords of Terra quarantined the Marian Gulf, trespassing amongst the damned worlds became punishable by death.

++878.M41++

Like the rolling back of a great tide, the astropathic disturbances subside and scattered reports from Rogue Traders and captured smugglers begin to reach the Adeptus Terra. They describe star systems beset by howling torrents of death, warzones raging across the Marian worlds desperately attempting to hold back unspeakable horrors as whole planets are invaded or else fall to rebellion.

Game Thread VDFPIb0

The Ordo Malleus finally attempts to make contact with the Gulf and despatches Inquisitor Garron Wallach to the region in 878.M41. What the inquisitor reports is a nightmare. A great warp rift had birthed itself into reality at the very centre of the Marian systems, spewing forth armies of daemons and traitor marines. The anomaly had turned the closest and most populous worlds into barren hellscapes, inhospitable and defying the laws of physics in their blasphemous existence.

Inquisitor Garron gave the great Warp wound a name, one that would echo through the venerated halls of Holy Terra itself.

The Doom of the Marian Gulf.

++882.M41++

The time for retribution has come. The Adeptus Terra has decreed the launch of a great crusade to contain the Doom and liberate the worlds of the Gulf so that they may once more aid Humanity in its darkest hour.

Arrayed against them are the darkest manifestations of the Imperium’s nightmares. One that will not stop until all of the subsector has been enslaved to the laughing mirth of the Dark Gods.

Game Thread Xdo9vWB

The Marian Crusade and the Co-Belligerents

The iron fist of the Emperor’s forces. Full companies of Space Marines culled from a myriad of its most distinguished chapters. Each Astartes amongst them has sworn a death oath to reclaim the Marian Gulf for the Imperium, or die in the attempt. This will be their finest hour.

Strangely, the magnitude of the Chaos incursion has forged an unlikely alliance of convenience with some of the Imperium’s most hated enemies. The Tau Empire had been supporting clandestine insurrectionist movements amongst the subsector’s population for decades prior to the arrival of the Doom. In order to maintain their interests, the Imperium and the Tau cadre’s leaders have agreed to temporary ceasefire for the duration of the campaign. Each side has already begun to plot the downfall of the other once the systems can be liberated, but that outcome rests upon their ultimate victory in the region…

The Ascendancy of the Sublime Ones and Their Most Honoured Allies

Filth, excess. Life, feeling. From the depths of the Warp the armies of the Dark Gods have come. Newly minted renegades, ten thousand year old veterans of Humanity’s lost ages. All have come to make war upon the rotting corpse of the false Emperor’s domain. With them march thousands of turncoat regiments of the Imperial Guard, sworn to the slavery of the great beyond.

But they are not alone. Ork mercenaries, eager for the promise of loot and boundless war, have thrown in their lot with the Chaos Space Marines. Perhaps the traitors finest achievement was their most insidious. Through a series of calculated strikes and baiting maneuvers, the warhost has managed to direct the predatory path of an entire Tyranid hive fleet, guiding them right into the path of the oncoming Imperial Crusade. Only time will tell if this shambling assortment of savage renegades and xenos will be enough to defeat the armies of the Emperor but in the darkest reaches of space, daemonic mouths pray to the Warp for victory.

Update 0 Map

Turn 0

Chaos/Xenos Muster Points – 12
Imperium/Tau Muster Points – 12

And now to bid muster points for first turn. Remember that SVP can only be turned into muster points at the END of your Faction turn and that points bid are gone forever, even if you lose. Bids for both sides will be due by Tuesday, 30th. If both sides get them in before then we will begin early.

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:33 am

Bids are in!

Chaos bid... 6
Imperium bid... 0

Chaos has first turn.

Chaos Muster Points - 6
Imperium Muster Points - 12

We will discuss our attacks and post them shortly.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

Aaah the heretics are eager to die I see Twisted Evil
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Here are our moves

Spend 5 muster points

Khyre attacks Khyrus
Cambone attacks Bastion
Waaaghgamerjay attacks Gheron
PPS1981 attacks Ferion I
MyEmperorIsaVegetable attacks Taron

Remaining Muster Points 1

Remember to try to get at least one or two pics of your games!

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:08 pm

Just looked at the map- I think you can't attack Zurdar II before you take Cheron, no?
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Holy crap

We'll reply with our defence, that's a lot of attacks lmao
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

We have Gheron? Lol ya we kinda went all or nothing on this one

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khyre Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

The imperium currently controls Gheron, we should redirect the attack there.
Khyre
Khyre
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Oh you're right! I linked the wrong map in update 0 my bad. I'll fix it.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambone Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:41 pm

We could still technically attack Zurdar by using the warp anomaly to travel through Mersala but yeah, Gheron makes more sense.
Cambone
Cambone
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Guin Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Any chance of throwing my eldar into the mix so that I can get a campaign game in this round ?

Seems to make sense, fluffwise, to have the Eldar show up unexpectedly to join the fight Smile
Guin
Guin
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:13 pm

You guys already control Thalic too...lol

Can you edit the attack list?

Last edited by TheDecay on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Dang, yea just fixed it. Sorry about that.

@Guin
Ya feel free to jump in on Eldar, TheDecay can add you with the imperials

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down