Hogtown Garrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thread

+10
TheDecay
Marshal Franz
Magos Frode
NTaW
KVLT
Guin
Cambone
SpacePlans
waaaghgamerjay
PPS1981
14 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Thread

Post by TheDecay Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Looks like the opening game will be between Waaghgamerjay and SpacePlans this weekend. I will post the rest of the match ups here when our defenders come forwards and you can all organize your games through PM's after that.

Under the righteous tutelage of Epistolary Yossarian, the Imperial Fists stationed on Gheron rally to the call of war in defense of their planet. The Imperium's most hated enemy has made the first move, time to strike back.

Next match up will be Guin coming to aid the isolated planet of Bastion from Cambone's Ork invasion.
The Eldar of the Iybraesil Craftworld, lead by the powerful Farseer Eshenesra Saelihn, have come to stifle the forces of Chaos and their allies.

Game 3 is NTaW vs Myempisaveg for the world known as Taron. A contingent from the Blood Angels 3rd Company, under the command of the viciously effective Brother Priest Malathos, rushes to meet their enemy head on.

Khyrus will be defended by MagosFrode and Wolf Lord Frey Krakenslayer, with supplements from Logan Grimnars Great Company

Captain Helios of the 2nd Company, decorated warrior of The Ash Bringers successors will defend Ferion I from the insidious forces of Chaos and PPS1981

Khyre attacks Khyrus - Defender: MagosFrode PLANET LOST
Cambone attacks Bastion - Defender: Guin PLANET DEFENDED
Waaaghgamerjay attacks Gheron - Defender: SpacePlans PLANET DEFENDED
PPS1981 attacks Ferion I - Defender: TheDecay PLANET LOST
MyEmperorIsaVegetable attacks Taron - Defender: NTaW

Last edited by TheDecay on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Sweet. I shall crush the followers of the false emperor in the name of Lord Nurgle. May chaos reign Supreme. Death to the followers of the corpse god.
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 pm

I love the smack talk
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

https://hogtowngarrison.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Khyre Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:49 pm

I am honoured to report that the forces of Chaos with the aid of the dark mechanicum, swept aside the Vulka Fenriqa and their Skitarii allies with little resistance. The daemon world of Khyrus is fully under the control of chaos forces and the daemon forges add to our number every day.
Khyre
Khyre
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Sadly the Forces of Nurgle did poorly against the Imperial Fists and their Daemon Hunter allies. The assault on planet Gheron was a failed attempt. The followers of the false god were strong this time but won't be as lucky next time. The Lord of Decay's ranks have been forced to regroup and restrategize. Chaos may have been held back for now but they will come back next attack even stronger.
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Praise the Dark Prince!

Game Thread - Page 2 Prince_dave_chappelle_blouses

If anyone takes any pics of their games please pm me them so I can include them in the update.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 pm

The defense of Gheron.

Game Thread - Page 2 0dKtfIv

Game Thread - Page 2 J3FBzUW

Return to the warp, foul creatures!
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Just got your pm, too. Awesome stuff. Both of you guys have wicked models.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks! I have a lot of painting to do on them :S
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Few pictures from the battle for Khyrus

Post by Khyre Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:36 am

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0013Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0014Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0015Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0016Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0017
Khyre
Khyre
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Battle of Ferion I

Post by PPS1981 Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 pm

I am proud to report that Slaneesh's horde of decadence has conquered Ferion I. The battle was an absolute blood bath on both sides - to Slaneesh's dismay, Khorne is probably chuckling somewhere.

The salamanders defenders put up a good fight but ultimately lost the ancient artifact to the superior sorcery and close combat prowess of the Demon Prince of Slaneesh and his Keeper of Secrets ally.

Keeper of Secrets triumphantly standing over the relic

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_1015

Battlefield at the end of the battle
Game Thread - Page 2 Img_1019
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 am

Great game dude! You won't be so lucky with psychic powers next time our forces meet haha
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS1981 Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:07 am

Haha, yeah. I should mention that Conor got really unlucky with his shooting turn 1 and that my ML1 keeper of secrets rolled invisibility. That helped a bit, Smile
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:18 am

Awesome! Wicked paint job on the keeper.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 am

Updated the defenders post on pg.2 with a few results. Just waiting for 2 more
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 am

Looks like a fun game at Meeplemart. I really want to play on their FATmats!

Keeper of secrets looks terrifying!

Decay, you have a Sicaran Shocked
SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:55 am

Not I, it was in PPS's list lol
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS1981 Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for the comments on the keeper of secrets. It was a bitch to assemble and took a long time to paint...

SpacePlans, the FAT mats are amazing. I have one at home for my board. I particularly like how easy it is to move models over it and how little the dice bounce around/fall off the tables on it.

Was my first time at meeplemart and I have to say I was impressed. No cell reception where the gaming tables are though...only drawback.

Do we have a sense of when the Imperium's turn is going to begin?
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

There's a match today and the last one on Saturday I think.

Once we have all the results for the Chaos attack phase we will decide what our attacks will look like by Wednesday most likely.

Games should get going for our turn next weekend!
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Once the last game is played I will be posting the update for chaos turn 1. Once it's posted it will be imperial turn 1.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by counterwave Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm

KVLT wrote:Once the last game is played I will be posting the update for chaos turn 1. Once it's posted it will be imperial turn 1.
For the win! The forces of chaos need to be shown the error of their ways. Worshipping gods that don't actually care about you is a bad plan.
counterwave
counterwave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Khyre attacks Khyrus - Defender: MagosFrode PLANET LOST
Cambone attacks Bastion - Defender: Guin PLANET DEFENDED
Waaaghgamerjay attacks Gheron - Defender: SpacePlans PLANET DEFENDED
PPS1981 attacks Ferion I - Defender: TheDecay PLANET LOST
MyEmperorIsaVegetable attacks Taron - Defender: NTaW PLANET DEFENDED

We'll have our attack orders in soon
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Wait till I post the update before posting them.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:12 am

Update I
Chaos Turn 1

The opening salvos of the war have torn their bloody way across the stars. In an ambitious show of industrial and logistical planning, the forces of Chaos launched a massive series of invasions throughout the Marian Subsector. Yet, the Imperial defenders were ready. From the hellish surface of Khyrus to the rocky peaks of Bastion, the super soldiers of the Adeptus Astartes and their beleaguered allies fought and killed and bled to hold the line against the Archenemy…

Gheron

Game Thread - Page 2 Delete10

The ground opened like a festering sore and spewed into reality the forces of the Great Father. The world of Gheron, lush and fertile, was the target of the God of Life and Decay’s opening moves of the campaign. He vomited forth his legions, intent on turning the prosperous agriworld into putrid corpse. But, standing tall beneath the Aquila banner of Gheron’s defenses stood Epistolary Yossarian and the iron resolve of the Imperial Fists. Across waving plains of grasses and amongst humble worker habs the Space Marines fought the daemon and the traitor for the sanctity of the Emperor’s Realm, and brought Him vindication.

Imperial Victory!

Taron

Like the unleashing of a maddened dog, the Lords of the Chaos incursion let loose their most devious weapon. The xenos species known to Imperial scholars as Tyranids, prodded and channelled toward the defenders of Mankind, rained from the sky at Taron. Amongst the polluted and scattered hive cities, the Blood Angels 3rd Company fought a desperate defense. Though initially taken aback by this new threat, the tide of bioweapons was eventually beaten back, until those still living stood amongst the burning ruins and planted the double-eagle atop the pummelled carcasses of terrible beasts.

Game Thread - Page 2 19251364210_517e54c1eb_z

Imperial Victory!

Ferion I

Ferion I was the second part of the two-pronged assault into the heart of Imperial space in the Marian Gulf. Here too, the pleasure hosts of the Young God appeared without warning from the womb of the Warp rift. Great daemons of unspeakable horror tread the reality of mortals, driving the inhabitants of the world to depraved sins against the God-Emperor. Yet the Angels of Death answered the call of their Father. Like ceramite rain, the Astartes of the Ash Bringers Chapter rushed to meet the foul blossoming of the daemon host. Armed with hate and cleansing flame they met both warpthing and traitor alike and in that flame they stood and died like Astartes.

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_1015

Chaos Victory!

Bastion

On the outskirts of the Marian warzone, a strange event has transpired. The great war konvoy of General Krull, Warboss of the Ork mercenaries fighting for the forces of the Archenemy, fell upon the far flung Imperial outpost at Bastion. Expecting an easy scrap, the Orks were caught completely off guard as bright flashes of incandescent light in the heavens heralded the arrival of the armada of Craftworld Iybraesil from the depths of the Webway. Like an angry storm of natural fury the Eldar cut a bloody swath through the greenskins, sending them reeling back into the void in a desperate rout. Yet, just as quickly as they arrived, the great host of Farseer Saelihn vanished, leaving the disparate Imperial mining stations and Imperial Guard outposts at a loss as to what to report to their superiors. Whatever the Eldar have planned for the war, they are certainly keeping it to themselves.

Imperial Victory!

SPOTLIGHT
The Storming of Khyrus

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0015

++“Silence, you wretches! I can’t hear their screams!” – Chaos Terminator Asdrugar to the Noise Marines at Khyrus++

It was upon the twisted surface of the Daemonworld Khyre that the spearhead of the Chaos offensive struck. Out of the swirling madness of the Doom Anomaly, a warfleet of traitorous Space Marines, equipped with ancient and terrifying weapons from a mythic age fell upon Khyre’s scarred surface. The sky belched forth the hideous forms of violet painted drop pods, disgorging a great host of the Dark Prince’s worshippers. The Adeptus Mechanicus defenders stationed amongst the insanity of the once prosperous world reeled to hold position as a strike force of Space Wolf Astartes plummeted from the orbital battle above to relieve them.

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0016

The two forces met in violent contest. It seemed the Sons of Russ, clad in sacred Terminator armour and immune to the sonic weaponry of the Slaanesh worshippers, might carry the day. However, disaster often follows the armies of the Warp. A series of blistering shots from the traitors’ positions erupted the plasma reactor of a Knight Warden towering above the Skitarii positions. The ancient relic of war went down in a terrible explosion, blowing a hole through the Imperial lines and delivering a terrible blow to the morale of the defenders. What followed was gruelling and determined fight to the death…

Game Thread - Page 2 Img_0014

Chaos Victory!

First blood has been drawn. Though the initial Chaos push has faltered slightly, the gains they have managed to eke out from the enemy are substantial. With the way open to the very core of Imperial space, the forces of the Imperium must rally their strength and hit back at the foe or else be swept aside by the flood of blasphemy and death.

Stats and Map:

Chaos SVP Won: 3
Total: 12
Muster Points: 3

Imperial SVP
Total: 9
Muster Points: 14

MAP UPDATE 1

Imperial Turn 1!

Mod Notes:

Minor thing, but I was thinking it might be cool if you guys PM me your game pictures so I can sort of reveal them at the updates. That way you get some that you might not have seen before. A few of you did this already but yeah, just a thought.

Also, if you guys have army and character fluff you'd like to see included in the narrative I think that'd be awesome. Maybe someone could set up a thread for us to post in?

Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying this and lets get Imperial turn 1 off and roll some more dice.

Last edited by KVLT on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next