Hogtown Garrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thread

+10
TheDecay
Marshal Franz
Magos Frode
NTaW
KVLT
Guin
Cambone
SpacePlans
waaaghgamerjay
PPS1981
14 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Thread

Post by TheDecay Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:47 pm

NTaW wrote:Magos wins.

Hahaha
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PPS1981 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Hehehe. Dynax, former chapter master of the Excruciators, demon prince of Slaneesh and undisputed lord of the Host of Eternal Torment rejoices at this new puny attempt by the Imperium to reclaim that which rightfully belongs to the holy pantheon.

Should Dynax' forces be selected to whip you dogs into submission, Dynax makes the promise that your men shall forever suffer in the torment pits of the Flensing Blade while your commanders shall be commemorated by being flayed alive and their faces being worn on the shoulder pads of Dynax' champions.
PPS1981
PPS1981
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshal Franz Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:05 pm

I shall make my penance on the battlefield once more against all who oppose the imperium. The holy cross of teutonics will be planted on Almastad. Ya! Listen to da dis humie! Da Emperah protekts!
Marshal Franz
Marshal Franz
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Where deez Chaos at?!
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:07 am

PPS1981/my emp is a veg defends Quoros I

Waaaghgamerjay defends Verra

Cambone defends Almastad

KVLT defends tychon

Sorry for the lateness. Get it on

Last edited by KVLT on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

https://hogtowngarrison.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:15 am

1v2 at Quoros? Sure you don't want a team mate Phil?
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:49 pm

We're short a man this round (Khyre is on vacay) but I'm sure someone will step up. Just threw these up to get rolling.

Edit: NVM! My emp is a veg will be fighting by 1981's side.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Sweet!
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Got some time for a game this Saturday, KVLT? Otherwise we'll be waiting until next weekend.
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:08 pm

Working Saturday unfortunately, will have plenty of time next week/weekend though.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:47 am

Who's attacking Vera? I'd like to know who I'm defending against so we can set up a time to play. I have next week off work so I'm flexible.
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:49 am

Everything is at the bottom of the previous page, magos frode is attacking Verra though I'm pretty sure
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 am

Who is that? What's his name in real life?
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by waaaghgamerjay Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:53 am

Oh nm. It's Mike isn't it? My bad. I knew that.
waaaghgamerjay
waaaghgamerjay
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Hey PPS1981 and my emperor is a vegetable, you guys free Wednesday or Thursday this week around 5pm? I can do up to 1750 points if you want to have a big doubles game at Meeple or Dueling Grounds.

Spaceplans, are either of those days good for you?
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SpacePlans Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Either of those days works for me. Playing at DG gives us an extra hour, in case the game goes long.

SpacePlans
SpacePlans
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by counterwave Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 pm

To KLVT:

I would like to play more games with my Necrons. So, either A. Can I run Necrons on the Imperial side or B. Can I switch my allegiance to Chaos?
counterwave
counterwave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:29 am

Everyone playing in the 2v2 game tomorrow, I think meeple closes at 6 so could we try to get the game started closer to 2 or 230?
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDecay Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 am

Top of turn 2 results:

Tychon - NTaW vs KVLT: Imperial Win
Almastad - Marshal Franz vs Cambone: Tie (Chaos Defender Wins)
Verra - Magos Frode vs Waaaghgamerjay: Imperial Win
Quoros I - TheDecay + spaceplans vs PPS1981 + myemperorisavegetable: Chaos Win
TheDecay
TheDecay
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Hoooo crazy turn. Update will come tomorrow.
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Update III
Imperial Turn 2

The Imperials continue to take advantage of their enemies’ lack of initiative. Again, the hammer of the Emperor has swung out against the foes of Holy Terra. As the archenemy continues to struggle to consolidate the gains they achieved during their initial lightning assault on the Marian Gulf, the combined forces of the Adeptus Astartes and Adeptus Mechanicus plunged into the Chaos lines along four fronts in an impressive attempt to end permanently the invaders’ capacity for offensive action. Unfortunately, the Imperial attack proved to be bittersweet in its outcome…

Encounter at Tychon

Fresh from their victory of the Tau at Verra, the pirate fleets of the Penetrators Warband turned their attention to the shattered world of Tychon. Once again, they descended from the void to scour its population for slaves and loot the ancient hiveworld of its boundless riches.

Instead, they found a Blood Angels fleet in high orbit waiting to intercept them

Game Thread - Page 4 Image_12

The Space Marines fell on the traitors even as they launched their attack on the terrified citizens of Tychon. The encounter was a blood bath. Despite early losses against the blistering sonic weaponry of the Flesh King, the viciousness of the Blood Angels counter attack proved too much for the Penetrators. The Angels of Sanguinius slaughtered the traitorous landing party to the last man and their fleet limped back into Chaos space, defeated.

Game Thread - Page 4 Image_13

Imperial Victory!

The Second Battle of Almastad

Fresh on the heels of the daemonic conquest of Almastad came the great green tide. Amidst the winding and endless labyrinth that is the hive world of Almastad, the ork mercenaries of Waaagh! Krull have extracted their pay from the once proud Imperial planet. In an orgy of destruction, the orks have stripped the world like a colony of ants devouring the carcass of a dead beast.

Several of the ork tribes had fallen into disagreement over the division of loot, and fighting between the greenskin factions began to break out across Almastad as Warboss Krull began to crump his boyz back into order.

The Black Templars under Marshal Franz, fresh and burning from their recent defeat during the last battle of Almastad, returned across the void to exploit their enemy’s division and retake the planet for the God-Emperor.

Game Thread - Page 4 Warham10

Iron and steel met the blasphemous machinations of the ork speedfreeks as the two factions fought each other across the ruined hive cities. Though the Templars committed much to war and gained several strong footholds on the planet’s surface, the sheer size of the greenskin infestation proved too much for the crusaders were unable to exploit their beachheads.

Draw (Chaos Victory!)

The Invasion of Verra

Verra, the small mining world on the outer rim of the Doom Anomaly, has been largely quiet during the war. Aside from a brief encounter between Chaos pirates and a scouting Tau Cadre, little battle has befallen this strategically important world. That changed with the Mechanicus assault.

Seeking to retake the vital mineral deposits on Verra for use in their great factorum worlds. What follows is the after-action report detailed by the esteemed Magos Frode to his superiors on Mars. Dated 885.M41:

(written by MagosFrode with slight reworking)

Verra was recaptured thanks to the unstoppable might of the Adeptus Mechanicus. My requisitions granted by the esteemed Lords of Mars gifted me enough firepower to level a Hive City, although I knew my forces were lacking in close quarters combat I reached out to the Space Wolves. Frey Krakenslayer was occupied elsewhere in the sector, but he was able to send Grimnar's Champion, Arjac Rockfist, and his Shield Brothers to aid the Omnissiah’s righteous cause. Ours combined might proved to be too much for the Daemons infesting the planet, and victory was ours.

Game Thread - Page 4 Warham11

Blessed be the Omnissiah! 0100101010100100101001011010100101000010101001010111001001

Imperial Victory!

SPOTLIGHT
Drop Hour at Quoros I

“Let any who say they died in vain taste the fire of my blade.” – 1st Captain Helios of the Ash Bringers upon surveying the losses sustained by his company during the retreat from Quoros I

Game Thread - Page 4 Quo110

Quoros I. A fallen husk of a world wrapped in the very nightmare stuff of the warp. When the Doom descended upon the Gulf, it was the first to taken into the beyond. After the anomaly subsided, only the most pious and pure of the Space Marine chapters were permitted by Tactica Imperialis to bolster its defenses, for here the corruption of chaos was manifest.

Yet the enemies of mankind were not finished with Quoros I. The world sat at the bottleneck of Imperial space in the sector, to control it was to hold the door open for an assault on Imperial core space. To attack from Quoros I was to plunge a dagger at the throat of Farhall, and the entirety of Imperial command in the Marian Gulf itself.

And so Quoros I burned.

For a year, Imperial Tactica had considered an assault to retake Quoros I to be too costly, and so had focused their attention elsewhere in an attempt to isolate it from enemy supply. However, they knew that time was against them. If the Archenemy could manage to rally itself before Quoros I was attacked, biding their time could prove too costly a gamble for the Imperials.

Finally, the hosts of the Emperor had returned to reclaim the hellish surface of the daemonworld and baptise it in fire. Launching a landing in force at Quoros I’s polar ice cap, the forces of Ash Bringers, Imperial Fists and Grey Knights prepared to sell their lives for victory against Chaos.

Game Thread - Page 4 Quo210

Against them was the enslaved Tyranid swarm, fattened on the biomass of a thousand worlds. At their flank, the daemon hosts of the Young God, eager to make puppets of the righteous Astartes.

Game Thread - Page 4 Quo310

The battle quickly became a holding action as the enemy cut off the Imperial assault from supply and forced them to defend their landing zone. Wave after wave of xenos bioweapons and screaming daemonic terrors threw themselves at the attackers. The echo of bolter rounds tore into the frozen air as the defenders of mankind began to stagger and fall, one by one, against the tireless enemy.

With great regret, the Imperial commanders considered the drop to be hopeless and ordered the extraction of all remaining  Astartes forces. The Imperials retreated, leaving their comrades and the precious geneseeds imprisoned in their bodies to freeze on the ice fields of Quoros I.

Game Thread - Page 4 Quo410

With the Imperials in flight to fortified space, the path of the Chaos armies to Farhall is nearly open. However, before then, more blood must be spilled for the Dark Gods…

Chaos Victory!

Stats:

Chaos SVP
Total: 12
Muster Points: 3

Imperial SVP won: 4
Total: 15
Muster Points: 4

MAP

ITS GETTING TOO TENSE!!!!!!!

Btw, I was talking to TheDecay recently. I know a bunch of you have expressed interest in participating in larger battles. Anytime you want to jump a game up with more players feel free to chime in and just ask, it doesn’t affect the game at all and is always really cool to see. Second, if ever a team makes an attack on a homeworld, I think it’d be cool to just play a mega game with as many players as we can get and just round off a huge points cap from there. How’d you guys feel about that?

Last edited by KVLT on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambone Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Almost tied back up! WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH
Cambone
Cambone
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by NTaW Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:08 pm

We know only war. The death, the destruction...the blood. For centuries we have tested our minds and bodies in battle, honing our craft and striving for the chance to sell our lives for the glory of the Emperor and Sanguinius. We came to this system to see it freed from the clutches of Chaos and the Xenos and we stand today among the broken bodies of our foes. First Taron was defended against the Tyranid menace then the coordinated attack with the Wolves at Helmburg obliterated the Chaos foothold in the area. Now Tychon too has been liberated from the grip of the Penetrators Warband, whose fleet now sulks deep in protected space after narrowly avoiding decimation. The blood of the enemy flows freely in our wake. It matters not to us what defiler you fight in the name of or what teller of lies whispers in your ear. The Blood Angels will emerge triumphant!

(this is so fun)
NTaW
NTaW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Khyre Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 am

Hey all, wasn't sure where to post this but I figure here will get the most views.

A few of us will be meeting tomorrow (Sunday) at 11am at duelling grounds to have a preliminary brainstorm/meeting about getting a gaming group up and running.

Would love to see some of you there to hear your ideas and get more help in getting this off the ground.
Khyre
Khyre
Warmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KVLT Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:49 am

Cool, I might just be able to drop by
KVLT
KVLT
Admin

Back to top Go down